Hotels in Las Vegas can be either very expensive or a great deal depending when you go and how you book them. I visit Las Vegas at least once or twice a year for a convention or for leisure travel. The time of year that you go and what is going on at that time can have a big effect on the prices of hotel rooms. It is possible to pay $80 or $600 a night on consecutive nights at the same hotel. If you visit Las Vegas during a popular holiday such as New Years Eve or during the Consumer Electronics Convention (CES) be prepared to pay a premium for your room. CES has around150,000 people attending and those people use all the rooms on the strip and a majority of the off strip rooms.
The Following are some tips on finding the best possible room rates in Las Vegas.
- Sign up with the hotels to receive their email specials. You can find almost all the Strip Hotels at either Harrahs or MGM Resorts. (You can always unsubscribe to these emails after your trip.)
- ‘Like’ the hotels Facebook pages. They often have specials that are only available on Facebook.
- Once you find the deal that you want, book your room through the hotels website. After you have made your reservation check back regularly to see if the prices have dropped. If the prices have dropped or you find a better deal at another hotel than you can always cancel your original reservation and rebook the new one. Just remember that there is usually a 3 day cancellation policy and you will lose your deposit if cancelled within3 day of your arrival. I recently saved over $200 on a 3 night stay using this strategy.
- Check the travel websites such at Expedia or Travelocity. These sites let you search all the hotels in the area and will let you see the prices for all of them at one time. The reservations on these site are usually changeable so you can use the same strategy as if you books through the hotel’s website.
- Go during the Week. Rates are usually about half the price from Sunday to Thursday.
When you are traveling to Las Vegas remember that the prices of the hotels can vary based on availability. There are many times that you can often get a higher quality hotel at a better price than a lower one because they need to fill up the rooms.