The iPhone and iPod Touch could be some of the greatest multitasking travel gadgets ever invented. These devices can replace multiple gadgets including a laptop computer, digital camera, video camera, portable DVD player and guidebooks. They weigh under 5 ounces and can save you a bunch of weight in your bag.
Listed below are some of the many functions that you can do with these Apple products.
- Digital Camera – The camera on the iPhone 4s is 8 mega pixels which rivals most point and shoot digital cameras. I also think it takes better low light pictures than my digital camera. The camera on the iPod Touch is 5 mega pixels and takes good pictures but does not have the capability of the 4s.
- Video Camera – There is no reason to carry a separate Video Camera since since these devices will shoot in 1080p or 720p High Definition Video. You can also edit movies on your device with a separate app.
- Computer – You can email, check your flight status, book hotels, post updates to Facebook, Twitter and other use other social media sites. The Safari browser is also great for browsing the internet.
- Phone Calls – Using the Skype app and a Wifi connection you can make cheap international phone calls without incurring high roaming charges from your cell phone provider.
- Guidebooks – Using the Kindle app you can download guidebooks directly to your device. This app alone will save a lot of weight if you are going on a long trip.
- Movies – Download and watch movies from the iTunes store.
- Music – Carry all your favorite tunes with you to keep yourself entertained. You can also hook them up to Portable Speakers so that you can share with others.
- Games – Keep yourself or your kids entertained with all kinds of games.
I have only listed some of the functions that the Apple iPod Touch or iPhone will perform. There are so many uses for this pocked sized gadget you will wonder how you ever traveled without one.